You guys know when you are busy making coffee or tea, and all of the sudden the kettle isn’t working...well it could be a plug trip. Now wouldn't you like to know to wire the plug? Yeah! no hassles.
You will need:
- electrical cord
- wire cutters
- Gently cut 2cm of the plastic insulation around the electrical cord, exposing the coloured wires inside but not cutting into them. Remove ½cm of the coloured insulation on each copper wire as shown.
- Tighten each strand of copper wire with your fingers with a gentle twist. Fold over the twisted strands.
- Remove the cover of the plug by unscrewing it or snapping it open.
- Using your screwdriver, unscrew the tiny screws located on each of the plug’s pins.
- Now insert your pre-twisted copper wires into these holes: the green and yellow wire into the top pin, the blue wire into the left pin (which is marked with a blue dot or the letter N), and the
brown wire into the right pin (marked with a brown dot or letter L).
- Tighten the screws on each pin.
- Ensure the electrical cord is firmly gripped by the arrestor clips.
- Replace the cover of the plug.
That's right! YOU can now safely wire YOUR plugs at home. Let us know how this article helped YOU? Comment below using the hashtag #HecticAction