Here are a few easy-to-make nutritious snacks to help YOU stay super fit and healthy for that school sports season.
- Poached Egg
Check out how we make this perfect poached egg just to switch things up when you're, 'eish' tired of that scrambled and boiled egg...
- Heat up water – but don’t let it boil. It should be steaming but not bubbling
- If it is bubbling, it’s boiling an egg – and that means your egg is going to explode all over the place
- Crack the egg into a small bowl, and then gently pour the egg into the water
- It should poach for about 3 minutes
- As you can see, we have some in here already, and they are just about ready to come out
- We just take them out with a spoon and voila!
- Stick them on some toast, and you have a super healthy protein packed breakfast snack
- Peanut Butter energy bite
You can make this amazing peanut butter energy bite...(Guess what?) without using pots and pans! Yay :)
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together until well incorporated.
- Cover and chill in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Grab about a heaping tablespoon full of the mixture and press it into a ball with your palms.
- Repeat with the remaining oat mixture, making about 16 energy bites.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Let us know if You enjoyed any of these cool snacks and how they helped boost YOUR competitive sports spirit by commenting below using #Hectic! :)