With everything going on in the world at the moment, it is more important than ever to practice good hygiene and just generally keep yourself clean to avoid any germs and viruses that may be lurking. One of the best ways to do this is to sanitise your hands regularly but hey not everyone has access to hand sanitizer for whatever reason, that’s why HN9 is bringing you the recipe for a natural hand sanitizer that y’all can DIY!
What you’ll need
- 1 TBSP of rubbing alcohol
- 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin (optional)
- 20 drops Germ Destroyer oil
- other essential oils (just for scent)
How to make it
- Mix aloe vera gel, optional glycerin, and rubbing alcohol in a small bowl.
- Add cinnamon essential oil and tea tree oil along with a drop or two of any other oils you want to add for scent. Lemongrass, orange, lavender, and peppermint are good choices but it really is down to your preference.
- Mix well and add about 1 tablespoon of distilled water to thin to desired consistency.
- Use a small funnel or medicine dropper to transfer hand sanitizer into spray or pump type bottles. This can also be stored in small silicone tubes for use on the go.
- Just like that, you have your own custom hand sanitizer that you can use as you would any other type of hand sanitizer.
Let us know if you guys found this helpful and how your own custom DIY hand sanitizer turned out.