Starter Pack Hack is a friendship bracelet that both sexes can wear!
To make these, you’ll need:
- Embroidery string in different colours (other wool or string could work too)
- A safety pin
- Your inside joke, divided into two parts (What do you call a little of kittens? A meowtain :)
- Grab three or four colours of embroidery floss.
- The more colours you choose, the thicker your bracelet will be.
- For each colour, cut a length of string about 2 to 3 arm lengths long.
- Gather all your string, find the middle and then fold in half.
- Tie a knot to make a loop.
- Make sure your loop is big enough for your strings to go back through later.
- This is the loop you'll send your strings back through to tie it onto your wrist when you're finished.
- Slip the loop onto a safety pin.
- Fasten the safety pin to a stable surface.
- Gather all but one of your strings together in one hand.
- Create a loop with your string off to the left side.
- Pull your string end through the loop.
- Pull your string tight.
- Holding all of the other strings taught, pull the single string upward until your knot reaches the top.
- Repeat over and over again.
- When you're ready to change colours, simply return your single string to the other strings.
- Pull out a single string of the next colour you'd like to use and continue tying knots
- When you're finished weaving, loop the string through the bracelet and tie a knot at the end (using all of the strings).
- Leave a few centimetres of string at the end and cut off the excess.
- Remove the bracelet from the safety pin and, voila!
- Repeat the entire process and you’ll end up with two cute friendship bracelets!