Getting sick sucks! You feel icky and you can't do much, but did you know you can still stay active?
Yes, you can't do an intense workout, but you can get back into shape with a light workout. Again, if you are very ill then DON'T attempt to do this! Remember to always listen to your body!
Let's get started!
- The first thing you can do is a series of semi-intense Stretching.
- This helps promote blood flow to your muscles and loosens up your body, which is a great way to relieve built-up tension or stress that happens from being sick.
#2 Core Exercises:
- Core exercises train the muscles in your pelvis, lower back, hips, and abdomen to work in harmony. This leads to better balance and stability, whether on the playing field or in daily activities.
- One of these exercises is the Bridge Exercise.
- Do the bridge to strengthen your core muscles. Lie on your back with your knees bent.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles. Raise your hips off the floor until your hips are aligned with your knees and shoulders. Hold for three deep breaths.
- Return to the starting position and repeat.
Now you can stay fit even if you feel under the weather. Remember that you shouldn't work out if you are very ill. Remember that rest is just as important, and listen to YOUR body!