Need more reasons why handwashing is so important? Check these 3 mind-blowing facts about germs and viruses:
- One germ can multiply into more than 8 million germs in ONE day.
- Nearly 80 percent of illness-causing germs are spread by your hands.
- There are more germs on your remote control, phone, keyboard and cutting board than on a toilet seat.
- One in five people DON’T wash their hands, and of those that do, only 30 percent use soap.
- Purses and handbags have up to 10,000 bacteria per square inch, and 30 percent of them contain faecal matter (poop).