Here's how to make the delicious cake from today's episode:
- 500g Self Raising flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 300g Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 8 eggs
- 500g Icing sugar
- 2tsp Lemon Juice
- Vanilla Essence
- 60g Coconut
- 2X 350g tinned raspberries
- 2X 350g tinned pears
- 2X Rooibos tea bags
- Cooking Chocolate (to dip pears)
- Cooking Spray
1. Sift flour and salt in a bowl
2. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl (beat)
3. Add eggs (one at a time) in butter mixture
4. Add vanilla essence for flavour
5. When done add flour to the butter mixture
6. Put in a pan and bake on 180?C
While the cake is baking the icing, coconut, raspberry puree and poached pears in rooibos tea and chocolate cause are prepared.
1. 3 egg whites and lemon juice in bowl, and beat until fluffy.
2. Add Icing sugar and coloring to the egg white mixture.
1. Toss the coconut in a pan until golden brown.
1. Toss all berries with the juice in a pot.
2. Add a little water and blend until smooth.
3. Put through a sieve.
Poached Pears in rooibos tea and chocolate sauce
1. Put 3 teabags in a pot and add water, then place pears inside and boil for 5 minutes.
2. Take out and dip in chocolate sauce.
3. Then throw coconut over and serve.
The dish will take plus or minus 35 minutes to prepare.