Bacon can be delicious, but it can also be quite unhealthy! Chef Dennis Moewa teaches us how to to make a healthier alternative in this UBBA summer recipe! Let us know if YOUR made this meal in the comments below!
1 butternut, diced in small cubes
4 cloves of garlic
1 - 2 packets of brussel sprouts
1 packet of pasture-reared bacon
1 1 onion, finely diced
2t Chimmichurri spice or any other tried herbs you like
1 - 2 red chilies, finely chopped
200g of cashew nuts
1 packet of pasta
1T pure tahini (crushed sesame, nothing else!)
200g of shaven pecorino
loads of butter
2T Olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Peel and dice a smallish butternut. Take a bowl and toss cubes of butternut and 4 cloves of garlic in some Chimmichurri spice and olive oil. Add butternut and garlic onto an oven dish or skillet, sprinkle with some salt and roast for about 20minutes until soft and slightly browned.
2. In the meantime quarter brussels sprouts and finely chop onion and bacon, then set aside. Heat a good piece of butter and some olive oil in a big pan until slightly golden, then add brussel sprouts, bacon and onion and sear until cooked brown and crispy.
3. Finely chop some (as much as you can take) red chilies, mix with crushed cashew nuts and sprinkle over brussels sprouts.
4. Cook pasta as per instruction on the packed.
5. Squeeze soft roasted garlic out of shells and mix with a bit of lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, salt and peper and set aside for drizzling later on.
6. Add Butternut and pasta to pan and mix.
7. Drizzle with your lemon juice and tahini mixture and drizzle over pasta and add some pecorino shavings.
Health y baconand butternut pasta with cashew nut and brussel sprouts. I will get some pasture-reared bacon from my local farmer, it is anti-biotic-free and fits to breast-cancer awareness day.