We spoke about vertical gardening on today's show, and here are 5 easy tips to set up your own vertical garden:
1. Find a south-facing wall or fence. Most vegetables need at least four hours of sunlight per day.
2. Find a nearby water source. This is extremely important for the growth of your garden.
3. Choose your growing containers. If you'd rather make your own, all you need are old milk cartons or yoghurt containers, which you can then attach to a fence.
4. Select and plant your vegetables. It's a good idea to start with seedlings, and basil or mint are good first choices.
5. Maintain, maintain, maintain! Don't forget to keep your vertical garden free of bugs and to water it! If after all your efforts it does not grow, keep experimenting with other seedling types.