Today we get over our Monday Blues by getting crafty! Chanelle teaches us how to tint glass to make some funky glass vases and jars for your home! Follow the instructions below, and comment with what YOU want us to try next on our Hectic DIY!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Mod Podge (gloss-lustre)
- Start by peeling the labels off all of the jars
- Next in a separate mixing bowl combine Mod Podge and food colouring.
- Since we’re tinting it blue – you can use shades of blue such as teal and turquoise for variation.
- So after mixing the colouring and mod podge well, just pour it in the bottom of your jar and start swirling it around until the entire jar is covered. Try to do this over paper towels or newspapers - to minimize the clean-up and to make sure your mother doesn’t kill you for messing on her furniture.
- Once the entire bottle is covered, place it upside down on a baking pan to dry. Place the wax paper down first then two layers of paper towels on top of the backing pan. Again – this is just to keep things neat and tidy.
- After you have finished all of the jars let them sit upside down for an hour, flip the jars right side up (they will still be wet) and place them on a clean piece of wax paper on the baking pan.
- Bake them for 45 minutes at 225 degrees in your oven – here is probably where you need your mum or dad’s assistance. You don’t want to hurt yourself or destroy your mum’s kitchen.
- Once they are finished and cooled they should look a little bit like this....
And there you have it, your very own stained glass! Comment below if the DIY worked for you, and what you would like to see next on Hn9!